Monday 13 September 2010

Work/life balance

Today has been one of those days where the only food you get is that which you can scavenge from your colleagues (one-and-a-half cheese scones, a clementine and some chocolates brought back from Switzerland -result!) and you've got so many major projects to get on with that you're paralysed by indecision over which to start first.

This week I'm grappling with "big" things, that can't be dashed off on a wing and a prayer:

Writing presentations
Changing our media database (potentially)
Embarking on a "proper" social media strategy
Drafting a bylined article

Plus the usual gamut of internal and external meetings - "the practical alternative to work".

That covers the day job, which incidentally I do four days per week. The other three days are taken up by my role as wife and mother, and it works pretty well most of the time. On those occasions, such as today, when appointments relating to my daughters occur during work time, I'm always very grateful for Kyocera's flexible approach to working parents, which enabled me to get to my daughter's year group meeting on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment