Monday 6 September 2010

Monday morning amusement

Monday mornings can be a challenge at the best of times. But first-day-back-at-school-after-eight-and-a-half-weeks-off Monday monings...yuck! So how refreshing to find a couple of comic gems floating around my inbox.

The real genius of comedy is often apparent when it reflects the on the nature of reality, so Tim Phillips' tongue-in-cheek look at Conference Call Etiquette was bang on the money.

Less of a chortle but more of a wry recognition was engendered by Schwartz Communications Press Release Buzzword Bingo - must admit I'm guilty of a few of these. As mentioned in my previous post, it can be hard to think of new ways to say things, but it's true that PR is over-fond of the "corporate superlative".

Both of these gems came to me courtesy of the PR Daily Europe news feed, which has recently started landing in my in-box. So far I'm a fan.

We're waiting on two awards shortlist announcements this week - the BOSS federation awards and the industry Oscars - the CRN awards. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment